[Accessibility-testing] Mockup of a report matrix

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Wed Aug 8 17:56:57 EDT 2018

Hi team,

I’d like to share this trivial mockup of a “test matrix”, which I’m envisioning as a key part of our report to the community:

http://jmac.org/misc/a11y/report-mockup/

Note that this displays only three rows of the 26 or so that the final table will have. Also, all the “cell” hyperlinks to go the same mocked-up detail page (about Gargoyle on Mac), and that all the hyperlinks from that detail page are just dummy-links. I hope it still conveys what I have in mind.

Assuming that the output from our testers will be surveys in some predictable format that’s both human-readable and machine-parseable, then I imagine writing a simple script that takes a pile of those surveys (plus additional commentary from we, the test organizers) as input, and then generates all these webpages as output.

As before, I feel *very* uncertain about the columns in this chart, and I highly encourage further advice on the accessibility conditions that should be represented here.

What do we think? Is this a step more or less in the right direction?