[Accessibility-testing] August 28 meeting summary and followup tasks

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Tue Aug 28 10:42:44 EDT 2018

Present: Austin, Deborah, jmac, Zack, Zarf

• Some discussion about “A Night Beneath the Opera”; all parties present agree that it and its notes look good (modulo comments from last meeting about refining the testing docs). While future comments are of course always welcome, we’re considering this ready to roll.

• In the interest of keeping to our current schedule, we agreed to move on to the next steps with the currently released portion of “Twine of Access”, even though Claire intends to add more to it. The released portion is already useful as a model for HTML-based IF accessibility testing.

• Our next step is creating the surveys that testers will complete. Deborah suggests that teams of two craft the games’ respective surveys — ideally, the game’s designer and one of our on-team accessibility experts. Zack and Zarf will work together to create the initial survey for “Night”, aiming to complete it by September 10. I’ll be in touch off-list with Claire regarding “Twine of Access”, and we’ll follow up on that presently.

• Next meeting set for Monday, September 10 at 6 PM Eastern.