[Accessibility-testing] Defining our list of a11y tests

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Thu Mar 8 14:29:43 EST 2018

Refreshing the question I ended my overlong email from last week on:

> Our next set of tasks as a group involves creating those friendly Twine, Inform, and ChoiceScript games that exercise both WCAG-based and IF-specific accessibility challenges. Creating these games carries the sub-task of deciding and documenting what challenges they should and can contain. Does that sound about right?

I still seek confirmation that I’m barking up the right tree here. :) This is a modification of the documentation-first path that Dan had suggested last year, and — I freely admit — reflects my own bias towards building a working model first, and then retrospectively documenting what you did and how it works.

More on how my thoughts here run: I would propose that we form sub-groups who would each create a small testing game for one of the IF platforms we’d like to test. (I7, Twine 1/2, ChoiceScript). It would be up to each such group to have their test-game exercise as much of WCAG level A as they can, with a focus on IF-specific challenges. (So: ASCII art in a parser game, cycle-links in a Twine game, et cetera.)

These sub-groups could feel free to recruit volunteers from outside the formal membership of this committee, if they so desire.

Does this make sense? 🌳🐕