[Accessibility-testing] Notes & minutes of the April 30, 2018 meeting

Andrew Plotkin erkyrath at eblong.com
Tue May 1 11:36:01 EDT 2018

On Tue, 1 May 2018, Jason McIntosh wrote:

> Zack (IIRC) brought up Filfre and Frotz as well, last night. It looks at
> a glance like Frotz is actively maintained (by David Kinder et al), but
> Z-code only — would that fit our pattern?

I have assumed that we will only write and test Glulx. Adding Z-code would
basically double the work load for the parser part of the project. Do we
want to go there?

(Are we thinking in terms of "run a second round in the future", covering
other platforms and tools?)

> Filfre looks like it hasn’t had a release in five years, and it’s
> unclear whether Jimmy Maher (or anyone else) is still maintaining its
> code.

We can ask. Again, I am most interested in whether anybody still uses it.

I forgot mobile! iOS Frotz supports Glulx, and should be tested if we
want to include mobile. What about Android? Last I heard, there were no
fully-released Android Glulx interpreters.

--Z

--
*