[Accessibility-testing] Notes & minutes of the April 30, 2018 meeting

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Tue May 8 14:10:19 EDT 2018

I’m fine considering this question settled at: yes, committee members should absolutely share what we’re working on with anyone else who may be interested in volunteering somehow, or even if they just have some thoughts to share. We are, after all, planning on a volunteer push later on, and opportunities for other volunteer roles might appear before we’re done. In every case, these are separate from the core committee membership, which I’d prefer to keep as-is for the nonce.

To invoke a different IFTF program: IFComp runs on the efforts of many volunteers taking up various roles or otherwise materially participating in one way or another (to say nothing of entrants & judges), and they all get credit at year’s end. Only a subset of them actually sit on the comp committee that acts as the formal steering & advisory board for the project, and that works out just fine for all.