[Friends of IFTF] February Newsletter from the Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation

David Streever dls at davidstreever.com
Tue Feb 6 11:01:32 EST 2018

Dear friend of IFTF,
One of our founding board members, Jason McIntosh, will be stepping in to
help lead our accessibility initiatives. The Accessibility Testing
Committee aims to organize an accessibility testathon, a crowd-sourced
effort to measure the accessibility of a variety of IF creation tools and
play platforms, later in 2018. This will be a great opportunity for folks
across the community to contribute to this effort, and should have lasting
positive effects for IF technology. We will have more news about this in
the future!

We are grateful to furkle who helped us to build a foundation for these
efforts over the last year, and looking forward to launching results with a
bigger focus on accessibility in interactive fiction. For more on the
committee, see our site: http://iftechfoundation.org/committees/access/

Jacqueline Ashwell of IntroComp and Club Floyd has graciously agreed to
step up from vice-organizer of IFComp into Jason's former role as lead
organizer. One of her big goals will be to make the high number of entries
easier to navigate and browse, and to continue to boost feedback quality.
She'll be writing a proper introduction and sharing her thoughts on the
Comp in a future blog post entry, to be posted at:
http://blog.iftechfoundation.org/

We're almost ready to release our annual transparency report for 2017
thanks to the hard work of board member Flourish Klink  Last year's report
is hosted here:
http://iftechfoundation.org/documents/2016-iftf-transparency-report.pdf

Look for that report on our blog, social media, or in the next newsletter.
If you've been forwarded this email, please signup for our newsletter (
http://iftechfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/friends).

Thank you for your support. Please let us know if you have feedback,
questions, or comments.