[Accessibility-testing] 2018 goals review

deborah.kaplan at suberic.net deborah.kaplan at suberic.net
Tue Feb 6 12:38:53 EST 2018

I think this is exactly right.

1. Nonexhaustive list of adaptive techs (including keyboard use, browser magnification, and other native adaptive ways of using computers).

2. List of play platforms which are used, maintained, and have a reasonable chance of getting updated.

I also am very much in favor of either developing or finding a minimal game that has all the features we are worried about. From talking to Jason, I understand that the classic test game is old-school IF, and wouldn't give us the ability to test images or that kind of screen-changing interaction I kept describing to Jason as "you know, all that AJAXy stuff."

I am in favor of finding some way to compensate testers, if possible. I have become a stronger and stronger advocate of the idea that we should pay people for their work, especially people from communities underrepresented in the industry.  When  disabled users do accessibility testing for commercial sites, there's usually an Amazon gift card or PayPal honorarium. For the for-profit sites, that honorarium usually ranges between $50-$150; maybe something less than that would be possible?

-deborah