[Accessibility-testing] 2018 goals review

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Wed Jan 31 23:14:04 EST 2018

While I would agree with this statement, my understanding of the Testathon (based on conversations I had with Deborah years ago, pre-IFTF, when she first suggested this as a project) is that knowledge or possession of AT is not required to run the tests.

Rather, testers would be instructed on what the expected, standards-compliant results of various test inputs look like, and they confirm whether these results appear or not for each test. In a sense, the testers themselves would pretend to be AT devices, making sure that the output they see matches something that a standards-compliant AT device would be happy with.

Granted, this is all based on memory, and I’m having trouble finding online articles about past examples of this online. (When I google for “accessibility testathon”, I find… IFTF’s own webpages.)