[Accessibility-testing] June 18 meeting summary (and homework assignments)

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Tue Jun 19 21:17:34 EDT 2018

On Jun 19, 2018, at 9:02 PM, fur kle <furkleindustries at gmail.com> wrote:

> Q: By MSIE, do you mean Internet Explorer, or do you actually mean Edge?

Oh! …Maybe? People mentioned "Edge" in the call yesterday but I didn’t realize until now that it was MSIE under a new name.

> If the former, what's the version cutoff? 11? 10? 8? More generally, are we including browser versions in any sense in the matrix?

My current stance (and please correct if I’m mistaken, y’all) is that we certainly should note versions testers use, and will instruct testers to use the most recent compatible-with-their-hardware releases of all relevant software. (Without compelling them to buy any software they don’t already have, anyway.) We’ll accept that this’ll lead to some variance, and will consider two version of the same browser on the same OS to be equivalent for basic test-coverage purposes.

(I hope that isn’t hopelessly naive? I’m just wary of exploding the height of the coverage table by adding in a new row for every dang version of everything...)