[Accessibility-testing] June 18 meeting summary (and homework assignments)

fur kle furkleindustries at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:29:44 EDT 2018

Yep, IE is officially done, 11 is within the support window still but there
will (barring very unexpected circumstances) never be a new major version.

And I think your instincts are correct re: versions. In general, I think
any user with a pre-evergreen browser is going to run into such significant
issues with compatibility and accessibility that it's not worth the time to
investigate or assist. I also have the impression that the majority of
users with very old or non-conforming browsers are 1) users of horrific
enterprise software like EMRs tied to early IE versions, 2) non-english
speakers, and 3) mobile users on small-share browsers, none of which are
really our target audience.

But again, anyone should feel free to correct us if there's disagreement,
with the proviso that goal #1 here is good, not perfect.