[Accessibility-testing] Report scheduling thoughts

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Thu Mar 14 15:33:24 EDT 2019

All,

To set some expectations: I plan to focus on preparing IFTF’s annual transparency report for at least the next week, and maybe the next two. (It’s a little overdue already, with the board member who had prepared it in years past departing last spring, and me dragging my feet over picking the task up myself.) Once that is done, I plan to shift my IFTF attention primarily to planning our own report — and I’d like to get that planning phase done so that I can start helping with IFComp planning in April. Whee! (Happily, the comp remains under the stewardship of Jacq Ashwell, but I’m still in charge of its technical aspects.)

And I mentioned this in passing earlier in the week, but I’d like us to consider Narrascope — happening exactly three months from today — as our goal-goal, rather than our stretch-goal as originally marked. After our last chat, I feel confident that we really can pull together and make it happen in time. I am led to understand (via Zarf, who is conference committee co-chair) that there will likely be room on the schedule for those of us who happen to be present at Narrascope to make a short announcement and a mini-presentation about the report, if it is indeed ready by then. I would very much like to see this happen!