[Accessibility-testing] Report authorship?

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Tue Mar 26 17:26:52 EDT 2019

Another topic I’d like to cover in tonight’s call, of course open to discussion here on the list as well: Who will write the report? Perhaps alternately stated as: Shall Jason just write the report?

I’ll be frank here… I see my ability to synthesize a lot of information sources into a short and readable report as one of my core competencies, and I find myself willing to bring it to bear here. I think it’d even be kind of fun, for me.

I feel that we’ve collected enough information for me to start writing a complete draft, once we all seem to agree on conclusions and recommendations. This would turn into a final, deliverable report with the whole committee’s oversight, critique, and additional input. (Certainly I consider the committee members themselves among the report’s information sources.)

But I myself am not an accessibility expert, so I don’t want to overstep my authority here, neither in appearance nor in fact. Do there exist arguments in favor of our striving for a report of mixed authorship, instead? (Or, indeed, someone else on the committee writing the report — just not me?)