[Accessibility-testing] March 26 call debrief

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Tue Mar 26 21:27:11 EDT 2019

Present: Austin, Deborah, jmac, Mark. (Two folks out sick today, and another on vacation.)

We were also special-guested by Dr. Chris Powers of AbleGamers, who was visiting Mark after they had attended GDC together.

• General discussion of APX; Austin and Deborah agreed with jmac and Mark that the APX design patterns seemed very apt for use with our report. I observed that our report can synthesize the APX patterns and our survey responses make a much stronger case for our recommendations.

I’d love to hear from others regarding their thoughts on APX; currently I am leaning strongly towards making it an integral part of our report.

• We reviewed my updated list of recommendations, which added points made during our call earlier this month, and also tied in APX design patterns. Nobody present had much to say other than it seems to reflect everything we’ve been talking about since our survey responses came in, so I’m pretty happy about that.

(Austin noted it has weird punctuation, which is an artifact of the export-to-text function of the outlining software I use… sorry about that!)

• Nobody present had any objection to jmac’s proposal to act as the report’s primary author, so long as the whole committee is involved with editorial oversight.

• Dr. Powers asked permission to see the outline of recommendations (with APX associations), and to summarize our project’s use of Player Panels in an upcoming newsletter. I spoke for the team in granting this permission. (We’re a publicly funded project acting transparently, and all that…)

• Our next call is scheduled for Monday, April 8 at 7 PM. There aren’t any particular actions to perform before then, other than satisfying my curiosity for further feedback on the above topics from folks who couldn’t make the call.