[Con-volunteer] Notes for the event

Andrew Plotkin erkyrath at eblong.com
Tue Jun 4 19:40:32 EDT 2019

As long as I've got this email list open, here are my notes for
volunteering at the event.

This is just my current list. I'm sure there will be more between now and
next week.

-----

Remind people that MIT does not allow food in the lecture halls and
classrooms. There's seating around the lobby for people to eat. There's
also a cafeteria seating area down the hall, across from the restrooms.

If someone wants to donate money on the spot to IFTF or NarraScope, that's
awesome! Direct them to Jason McIntosh at the info table. (Or wherever
he's gotten to.) Jason will point them at the donation page and then take
a selfie with the proud new donor.

If someone stops by who has no idea what NarraScope is, and they're
interested in a talk, tell them to go on in and listen. We're not going to
play badge-inspector on the lecture halls once the show has actually
started.

Paying attendees, speakers, and volunteers all get access to the
breakfast/coffee and lunch tables. MIT students who got free passes should
not take food. But there's no badge marker for "student", so that's on the
honor system. Once we reach the end of the lunch hour, it's free-for-all
on the leftovers.

--Z

--
*