[Accessibility-testing] Current status & Twine game testing

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Sun Nov 4 10:07:53 EST 2018

Hi all,

Do we have any further comments on Claire’s new work? (Here is a direct link: https://cdn.rawgit.com/furkleindustries/iftf-twine-testing/master/twine-of-access.html, and I just updated the link at http://jmac.org/misc/a11y-resources.html as well.)

Again, our main interest here is that it actually presents some typical-to-Twine accessibility challenges, which need to be successfully presented by the browser + AT in order for the player to reach the game’s ending (which exists now!). I personally like its short length and punchy attitude...

(Was reminded to ask by this post from an IFComp judge having trouble with the current crop, and whose complaints are relevant to our work here: https://www.intfiction.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=26845)

In other news, Mark acknowledges that our project’s Player Panel application is still in-process, so we’re standing by to hear more about that. AbleGamers has in the meantime been busy launching a new program called APX, which y’all should check out here: https://accessible.games/accessible-player-experiences/

I would like to re-establish our regular calls, but I am negotiating a possible adjustment in call-time off-list before I will propose a time. So please pipe up on-list (or otherwise in email) with commentary until then. :)