[Accessibility-testing] A question about keyboard hyperlink controls

Furkle Industries furkleindustries at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 00:26:55 EST 2018

Given that it's about Animalia, which was the one I was assuming it was
about, it does ring a "this seems related to something I've seen." I would
be posting it directly to the thread but intfiction's mailserver has a
habit of taking literal hours to send password reset e-mails and I haven't
logged on to that site in at least a couple years. What I can say, and will
relay to IMW when I have the chance, is that I've been using tab navigation
with Animalia and it fails in a way I haven't really seen Twines fail
before. Usually once, near passage load time (or near the time when you
load in a new fragment of text), the tab will execute successfully, but
then be cleared entirely from the screen. I suspect this is some sort of
logic/re-rendering on Harlowe's side that causes the element that is
currently in focus to be removed, then readded, but I'd need to spend a bit
of time reading the source code to figure out for sure. Unfortunately my
instinct here is that whatever he's doing, he probably did it across the
whole of the story, so it's probably unlikely that it'll get fixed anytime
soon.