[Accessibility-testing] Cloak of Access difficulty

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Thu Nov 22 12:37:22 EST 2018

On Nov 22, 2018, at 12:19 AM, Furkle Industries <furkleindustries at gmail.com> wrote:

> Images and sound effects are well within the Twine wheelhouse but I can't say I've ever seen them used in a way where being unable to see them made you miss out on any information, much less the sort of information you'd need to complete the game. I can think about what more can be added but as a medium Twine tends to be quite forgiving, by design, in the Zarf scale sense. It tends to be fairly difficult to find game states that even force you to restart (Animalia is a rare counterexample), much less ones that require a good deal of cogitation.

Okay, that sounds good to me — very willing to trust your judgment here (and keep things simpler too).

What would you think about adding a “cycling link” of the sort that you included with your original “happy-path” test document last year? (https://github.com/furkleindustries/iftf-twine-testing/commit/e86c00605dc348ce68e83c6f158067047eca24ea) If I recall correctly, Twine of Access currently doesn’t have any example of this? (It does have the display-macro text-injection mentioned elsewhere in that document, of course.)

(And happy Thanksgiving everybody!)