[Accessibility-testing] Update for week of January 7

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Mon Jan 7 22:45:25 EST 2019

Meeting debrief:

We’re good to go on these dates for a testing window (Jan 9 - Feb 4). I plan to share a draft greeting to the list with y’all before making an initial post to the list.

We discussed our surprise at the lack of fully blind testers (one out of the 29 responders, with 17 reporting as low-vision). Mark said that this isn’t super surprising given that AbleGamers has not had much luck yet in reaching out to blind gamers (and in part, perhaps, because AbleGamers never worked with IF much before this project).

We agreed to move forward with the testers we have but to also put some effort into recruiting more blind testers for this project (who can then start participating immediately, by golly). And Mark would ask they all sign up for Player Panels too!

So, let’s coordinate that after the launch this thing.

It occurred to me afterwards that I can and should write a blog post to the IFTF blog at that time, which we can also use to help fill in our blind-tester coverage. So, I’ll plan to do that towards the end of the week.