[Accessibility-testing] Some data rearrangements

Jason McIntosh jmac at jmac.org
Wed Mar 6 21:28:25 EST 2019

Hi all,

For your perusing pleasure, find attached a couple remixes of the data, one for each of the two surveys. I hope you will find these more fun to read than the raw spreadsheet-stored data, and easier to extract some meaning from. I wrote a script to produce these, so if you’d like to see some tweaks to the presentation, I could likely manage it easily; please let me know.

Each file groups all responses by question, presenting them as a bulleted list with an attached label showing the responder’s OS, interpreter program, and AT used. (It also adds whether they played the Sugarcube or Harlowe version for the Twine responses, assuming that they followed the directions correctly…)

The grouped responses leave our the responder’s name and email and such, so this makes this a possible way to present anonymized data in our final report, as well. (I can of course re-attach identifying information to these, if you’d rather see that.)

I have put these into the Survey Responses folder in the Dropbox as well, along with Excel exports of the two surveys’ response spreadsheets.

(And, yes, I hand-merged Neil’s external responses into these text files.)