[Con-volunteer] Review the Code of Conduct!

Dan Cox dan.cox at videlais.com
Tue Jun 11 09:49:15 EDT 2019

Hi, everyone

As we get closer to NarraScope, I wanted to take a moment to review the
Code of Conduct and talk about policy, should any incidents occur.

Code of Conduct: http://narrascope.org/pages/code-of-conduct.html

As volunteers, people may ask you for help or you may notice a situation
happening. You should be ready to address anyone who is violating the Code
of Conduct or is otherwise causing a problem. This should be done
respectfully with the goal to defuse the situation as calmly as possible.

If the situation cannot be easily defused, please contact me (Dan Cox) or
another member of the conference staff. I have included my phone number
below. I can be called in an emergency and I will speak with other
conference staff from there. (If, for whatever reason, you prefer to
contact me via social media, I can also be reached via DM on Twitter.)

I will be "on call" the whole weekend and plan to generally be around the
sign-in desk or walking around the expo area during most sessions. I'm
going to try to check in on every shift to see how people are doing and if
there are any problems.

If you have any questions before NarraScope starts, please e-mail me. As
I'm going to be traveling to Boston later this week, my responses might be
a bit delayed.

E-mail: dan.cox at videlais.com
Phone: 1-757-439-4197
Twitter: @videlais